With the advent of Zomato, the whole products and services domain has not remained the same since. Today, there is nothing that is not sold over the comfort of online shopping and COD. This ingenious move has become the backbone of SMEs and smaller companies helping them be niche experts or compete against the big giants. One significant feature that has helped the success of the Online Shopping an eCommerce model is – Real Time Inventory Control.
Here is how Real Time inventory Control has helped SMEs:
- Lesser Inventory holding – For smaller products companies, manufacturing and storing of products takes up a lot of their processes and investments, and likewise, during peak times, the extra load on the production lines also can block further channels. This is where eCommerce has helped millions of SMEs and Startups – in identifying the right demand and reaching out to more customers while keeping the production at optimum. Interestingly, it has also helped in creating de-marketing during off seasons, i.e. spreading demand over non peak seasons through discounting, complementary offers and analysing the impact of the same through real time control.
- Better analytics – Real Time control of inventory helps in better analytics of your data region or product wise. Tracking is the core benefit of real time inventory control but that tracking component is incomplete without analytics and drawing out efficient processes for the company. Simple things like drawing out shorter delivery routes, localization and mapping of regions, creating hub and spokes for areas with high demand helps you in easing off the load during peak times, saving a lot of money and gaining customer loyalty by efficient and timely delivery or products.
- Going Paperless – Going paperless today is not a luxury but a necessity. Integrating your warehouse with ERP software and Online booking tool gives you a complete view of your organization. This helps bringing in all the departments and processes at one platform eliminating pen and paper and giving away the need for physical storage of space. From forecasting to inventory management and finance management for all clients during all season, you can now do it from a single platform helping you contribute a small but essential bit to the environment. It also gives you the ease of applying inventory concepts like LIFO, FIFO at ease.
- Reporting – Reporting is an essential process in any organization without which the management will not be effectively forecast the future or pin point what is blocking the processes. With Real Time inventory control, the reports are dynamic – i.e. can be generated at any time and any place. It gives a much intricate control of the organization. Also, in an ERP system, you get to map employees with the data that they can have access to and get full report of the changes made and by whom.
- Future Trends – Knowing only about your current operations is not important. To be a market leader in these competitive times, you need to start understanding the audience and what might be the trend in the future. Integrating your Social media along with Inventory management and ERP will allow you to collect insights directly from the audience which on analysis can give you metrics to improve on ideas to work on a new product and get the ‘First Mover’ advantage.
Real time inventory control removes all the blind spot from your vision and helps you in streamlining your data and processes. To know more about how can your company benefit getting real time data, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91-731-423 7548 / +91-91111 00862